The Rotary Club of Sussex Charitable Trusts, Inc. is a registered Charitable Organization with the Canada Revenue Agency. It is the funding organization for the charitable works of the Rotary Club of Sussex membership. It was established by Rotarians with the vision to better serve the greater Sussex area with its fund raising endeavors. It is managed by a Board of Directors comprised of Sussex Rotarians and civic professionals living in the greater Sussex area. .
The Rotary Club of Sussex Charitable Trusts, Inc. is a not-for-profit corporation incorporated by Letters Patent issued on May 13, 2006 under the leadership of then President Kathy Cole, Past President and long time Rotarian Tom Snowden, and Treasurer Keri Marr who became the first Directors under the Letters Patent Incorporating The Rotary Club of Sussex Charitable Trusts, Inc.
The Charitable Trusts receives revenues from donations, special events, and investments. Specific fund raising projects include an Annual Dinner & Auction each April, and in 2013 we were fortunate to be the first recipient of a donation from the 100 Women of Kings County.
The Rotary Club of Sussex Charitable Trusts, Inc. relies on the support of the Sussex Rotarians and the community “to do good in the community and the world”.
The purposes for which incorporation was sought by the applicants and the specific powers requested to be conferred on the company were:
- To advance education by providing bursaries to graduates of Sussex Regional High School and / or graduates of Petitcodiac Regional High School, for post secondary education;
- To relieve poverty by providing children with basic amenities; and
- To gift funds to other registered charities or organizations that are otherwise qualified donees as defined in subsection 149.1 (1) of the Income Tax Act.
Projects that have been supported by The Rotary Club of Sussex Charitable Trusts, Inc. include:
- Coats for Kids Annually
- Scholarships Annually
- Rotary Club of Ottawa “Adventure in Citizenship”
- United Church of Zambia Mission School Project
- Sussex Sharing Club donation
- Shelter Box Canada Annually
- Rotary Foundation & PolioPlus Annually
- Rotary Camp / Easter Seals
People give to The Rotary Club of Sussex Charitable Trusts, Inc. for many different reasons. Most people give to support the charitable works of Sussex Rotary in serving our community and Rotary world wide projects through the Rotary Foundation.
If you would be interested in supporting the charitable works of the Rotary Club of Sussex Inc., please contact any Rotarian, or any Director of The Rotary Club of Sussex Charitable Trusts, Inc. Look under the “our Club” tab on top for a list of Club Rotarians or our contact information.
Current Directors in 2015 of The Rotary Club of Sussex Charitable Trusts, Inc. are:
- President- Barbara Crowe
- Treasurer- Kathy Carver
- Secretary & Assistant Treasurer- JC Robert Lockhart
- Director- Erik A. Homenik
- Director- Robert Driscoll, President of the Rotary Club of Sussex
Registration # 83763-5879-RR0001
Canada Revenue Agency www.cra-arc.gc.ca/charities